« Home | My Background Music » | A Belated Halo Graphic Novel Review » | So I Heard a Rap That I Liked a While Back » | This is the Part Where You Get to Know Me » | Well, here we are on a new adventure. »

An Envelope of Pure Reflection


Ok . . . I'm currently in a state of reflection . . . mind the title.

Alright, now, warning to anyone who may not like indie-soft rock: Go away. You'll meet some in this thread . . . K . . .

The reason for this is because of a great song I just downloaded. I first heard it about 3 months ago, and am just now getting around to listening to it again. I thought I'd share it with you.

The song is titled 'Penelope' and is by the band Pinback. I heard this first off the podcast 'Hi my name is Mark' (which is GREAT, by the way). The song, or at least how I interpret it to be, is about exactly what I'm doing. Reflecting. Looking at yourself and looking through and into others and just thinking.

The reason I like it is not just because of the lyrics (which I'm about to post), but also because of the melody. It's absolutely entrancing. I'll post that as well.

If anyone is currently going through any troubles in which they need something to listen to to keep them thinking about whatever is going on, then please take your time to listen to this. I love it, myself. Lyrics ahoy.

http://www.sing365.com/music/Lyric.nsf/Penelope-lyrics-Pinback/9D2199896E5DBFFB48256DD600297931

And to make the experience a billion times greater while reading the lyrics, then you might as well listen to them as well.